Tradewind Markets, Inc. (“TWM”) respects your privacy. We will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about our customers to any third party, except in the limited circumstances permitted by this policy.
TWM does not sell, rent, or loan any personally identifiable information regarding its customers to any third party. Any information you give us is held with the utmost care, security, and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
Information We Collect On Our Sites
Information You Provide To Us
- The Sites may ask you to provide information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, or home address (“Personal Information”)). For example, TWM may collect Personal Information when you register on the Sites, request information, submit comments or participate in some promotion, survey or other feature of the Sites, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. The Sites may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as demographic information (gender, zip code, age, etc.) or certain information about your preferences and interests. If we combine demographic or other information we collect about you with Personal Information about you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information. To the extent the Sites allows you to apply to become a customer of TWM, additional information may be requested and collected from you via customer application forms and other forms. If you do not want your Personal Information collected, please do not submit it.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Whenever you visit or interact with the Sites, TWM, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Sites are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page views. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the Sites, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Sites, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. This information helps us keep our website fresh and interesting to our visitors and tailor content to a visitor’s interests. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if TWM associates it with you as a specific and identifiable person, TWM treats it as Personal Information.
- TWM also automatically collects your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Sites. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier.
- The technologies used on the Sites to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, may include, without limitation:
- Cookies are data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Sites. TWM may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting our Sites. Cookies allow us to collect technical and navigational information, such as browser type, time spent on our Sites and pages visited. Cookies also allow us to select which of our advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are on the Sites. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Sites may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your TWM account(s).
- A pixel tag is a transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed. In addition, a pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server. In order to ensure the safekeeping of your information, network advertising companies and publishers are not permitted to directly collect Personal Information on our Sites.
- TWM may use Google Analytics and Google Display Network (DoubleClick). Google Analytics collects anonymous data about your interaction with our website via the DoubleClick cookie and through the standard Google Analytics implementation. Anonymous data may be used for purposes including delivering to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites and selecting offers and products to display to you when you visit our website.
How We Use The Information We Collect
- TWM uses the information we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes, including for example, to: respond to your questions and requests; provide you with access to certain areas and features of the Sites; verify your identity; communicate with you about your account and activities on the Sites and, in our discretion, changes to any TWM policy; tailor content, and features we serve you; improve the Sites and for internal business purposes; process applications and transactions; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
- TWM may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from TWM, that website will forward to us your e-mail address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Information. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
Your Choice And Access
- You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails or other communications by: (i) sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Remove” as the subject header. Your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it. Please be reminded that some emails sent by TWM are transactional in nature based on actions taken on our site, these are required by Federal law and cannot be unsubscribed from.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager .
- If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information collected through the Sites, you may edit your profile preferences or contact us at the above address or e-mail. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Sites. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other legal or compliance reasons.
Do Not Track Signals
- California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do not respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.
- We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information, however, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the website and provide us with your information at your own risk.
- The Sites are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Security Of Your Information
- We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Sites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Retaining Personal Information
- We retain information about you as long as necessary to provide our services or to comply with applicable law. We retain information about you after you deactivate your account, consistent with applicable law, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, or to enforce our user agreement or other applicable agreements or policies.
Consent To Processing And Transfer Of Information
- The Sites are operated in the United States. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Sites, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
- We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.